Thursday, July 23, 2009

new additions

hugo

My last betta, Desmond, died a couple weeks ago. Earlier this week I went out to get a new one. I usually try to pick the one with the strangest coloring. And keeping with the Lost theme, this new guy's name is Hugo (or Hurley).

baby aloe plant

The last time I was home, my mom cut off a baby aloe plant from her plant and gave it to me. I'm not sure why, but I named it Esther. Hopefully she'll get big enough to make her own babies and I can give them away.

cactus

And lastly, I went to a few garage sales last weekend and found a nice brown pot and decided it needed an occupant so I went to the garden center and found this little cutie. I knew I wanted one that flowered and this happened to be the only one. It was also the only one that didn't have an ID tab so I don't actually know what kind of cactus it is or what conditions it likes best. Seems to be doing pretty well, though.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Desmond died?!? So sad. But, Hugo sure is pretty to look at. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails